Monday, May 26, 2008

Celebrate the HEROES in your life....

Hello everyone! Hope you are celebrating any war heroes that are in your family today or thinking of the memories of ones who have come before you and fought for your freedom to just be.....

I remember growing up in IOWA......on this holiday we would take our half gallon milk cartons and cut the tops off, fill them 1/4 of the way with sand and water, and then cut many of the peonies from our yard and fill them in the cartons, then off to the cemetaries we would go in search of our relatives and leave the cartons at the graves.

It's funny what you remember....that was always so important to my grandmother, who I lived with most of my life. Marnie always had a way to make things like going to the cemetary so neat and important. I miss her.....but she's in heaven looking after us....with God.

John has an interview at a local Bible college tomorrow. I'm praying for good results. Now I need to find something....God will provide if we are to stay here.

Keep praying for us.

No comments: