Sunday, August 5, 2007

My summer is over.....

Well, its time to start school again! YIPEE!! I actually can't wait! I'll be happy to see everyone....teachers and students! Although we have a new principal at our school, who was just hired last week as a matter of fact and will not actually be here for two weeks or so while he moves his family here from Corpus Christi, TX. His wife is going to be teaching K5 at a local public school and his 4th grade son will go to our school. Should be interesting. Our principal from the last two yrs. is going back to being the librarian and writing grants for the school. Very interesting.

The only glitch is that we are still about 45 students short of the number we need to be at to be on budget. So it will be interesting to see if any teachers are told they are on the "no job w/o more kids" bubble. I was there last year. It was not fun....believe me! Hopefully this won't happen. We've been getting in 30-35 kids the past two weeks, so its definitely possible. PRAY!!

Gotta run for now,
deb

1 comment:

Me said...

Hey Debbie! I can't believe you like going back to school!! I'm ok with school, but if it could be summer all the time, I would be a lot happier. We will pray that the school will fill up! Do cut-out kids count?