Sunday, October 21, 2007

Here I am again.....

Well, John's team has made it to sub-state on Thursday night.....and the best part is they don't have to travel to Dothan, like last year. They won both of their early matches yesterday, but lost to cross-town rival Christian school, JCA in four games. They just didn't play their "A" game when they needed to.....John was a little upset with them, but I pointed out that they finished better than they did last year (3rd place) and they get to host the game instead of traveling to Dothan. I also tried to tell him he needs to move on, get over it and concentrate on Thursday's game! If they win, they make "The Elite Eight" and move on to the first round of State Championships on Oct. 31st, which is their team goal for the year. So far, their season is 37-14.....not bad considering the last two seasons, they didn't win 14 games combined!! I'm very proud of the girls and John!!

JEB is feeling much better now that he's had a week of antibiotics in him.....not so much coughing and he's sleeping much better and staying in his bed all night!! That means good sleep for mommy and daddy!

Can you even believe that it isn't even Halloween yet and they already have out the Christmas stuff???? I haven't even THOUGHT about Christmas yet.....let alone buy candy for the trick-or-treaters!! And do you even think I have a pumpkin yet?? Or have I taken JEB to the Pumpkin Patch???? NO! And they want me to look at Christmas decorations??? They've all gone mad I'm telling you!

All else is well in our part of the world......my class is still great and I'm loving being their teacher. Makes my day go so much better!!

Remember to pray for us still as we labor for God in the world. We'll be praying for all of you!

Later,
deb

2 comments:

Ginger said...

I so know what you mean about Christmas being advertised full pledge in all the stores. So crazy! I do love seeing the decorations but it still is October!! LOL... I hope your husbands volley ball teams game goes well.
Ginger

Me said...

New Post time!!!! Oh, and I hope JEB feels better soon!!!