Thursday, July 26, 2007

Wow, it's Thursday already....

I can't believe how fast this week has gone! I'm secretly glad you know, since I'm dying for school to start.

JEB and I went to John's vball tourney on Saturday and I was happily surprised at well the girls on his team were playing together!! I actually asked John where he picked up this team because they were soooooo different than his team from last year!! They won 5 out of 7 games they played while I was watching and came in second for pool play, then turn around and won the whole thing!!! WOW!! I was so amazed!! I'm so glad for them. They have played so hard the past two years and now its finally paying off for them and for John!! HOORAY!!

Then John started the week with a four day vball camp for his JH and JV players. He had one of his former players come down for a couple of days and work with all of them, including his Varsity team, on hitting and how to do it properly. So while she was here, I took care of her two children......which was nice because JEB had playmates, but then I played referree for two days! JEB doesn't quite know what to do when he has playmates over....he kind of just follows them around and watches whatever they do. Occasionally, he will instigate some sort of play, but is mostly happy just to do whatever they do. BUT, he also pushes and tries to wrestle with them and in turn, they don't like it much. GO FIGURE! So, he spent a considerable amount of time in TIME OUT and got several spankings for his efforts. Don't know quite how to make him understand all the ins and outs of child play. Guess it will come with time. Today was payday, ....which we all know means grocery shopping. It was also school registration day and we also had to buy school supplies!!

I'm tuckered out and looking forward to an evening in front of the tv. I know....bad mommy!

Later to everyone,
deb

No comments: