Friday, March 21, 2008

scarlet fever....oh my!

Well, what a difference a day can make! My little angel did not get better on Wednesday, and in fact, started breaking out with little pimple-like bumps on his face/mouth area. He did sleep somewhat better on Wednesday night, but woke up feeling as bad or worse than the previous day and with several more bumps. Listening to him breathe very rapidly and soundly quite grovely.....I called the dr. and got him in by 2 pm. Got there and waited for her to enter, all the while JEB was being an angel sitting on the exam table waiting. She came in and listened to me describe what had been going on and looked in his ears/throat and said that it looked to her like scarlet fever! AAAAHHHHH! She said actually all scarlet fever is .... is strep with a rash. Ok, that sounded a little better! Of course, then we continued to discuss how in Little Women one of the girls gets scarlet fever then rheumatic fever and dies from complications to it and that Mary on Little House on the Prairie gets scarlet fever and goes blind eventually because of it. Yeah, that made me feel better!

Anyway, she said nothing to worry about....that's what we have antibiotics for!! So off to WalMart we went and did our bi-weekly grocery shopping and spent too much money. It seems we have this issue when Daddy goes shopping with us.....I try to stick to what I have on my list and Daddy doesn't shop with a list......enough said. He's feeling a little better today....had two doses of meds already, but I think the Easter morning pics are out! He has quite the blotchy, spotty face! Maybe we'll do Easter next wkend! At least the egg hunting part and pictures!

I'm on a cleaning gig today.....tried to get John out of the house and out with one of his coaching buddies, but to no avail. Such is life.......

Back to cleaning.....

2 comments:

Me said...

I hope JEB feels better!! :(

Me said...

NEW POST TIME!!!! HURRY UP!!