Saturday, December 6, 2008

Can you believe it's almost Christmas????

Only 19 more days till Christmas......and I must admit, I'm sort of ready. I have the trees up and decorated and enough wrapping paper to wrap an RV, and a few gifts. We really don't have many to buy for, which is nice, but it doesn't make for too many gifts around the tree. Plus, I've found as nieces/nephews get older, it's way easier to just give them $$ or gift cards because then they can go get something they really want instead of enduring a gift they look at crosseyed and put it in their closet to someday fall out with the baskets full of other junk they didn't really want.

Plus, online shopping is a great new tool. You pick it out, pay for it and have it shipped to their house all wrapped up and you didn't have to do very much to get it! I'm all for that! While I love shopping, by the time we go - midDecember- its a mad house! Things have been picked over and pushed around and half the time, you can't find what you really wanted anyway.

We went to a Christmas candlelight dinner at our church last night and it was quite enjoyable. A small band from TN came to play the music, while our singers from church sang the songs. Dinner was great - prime rib - and the company was good. It really sort of helped get me in the Christmas spirit. Driving home and seeing lights out and houses decorated.......my favorite part.

But then I must remember the reason we celebrate this special day.....the birth of our LORD. I'm sure it was just an ordinary day for Mary and Joseph. Traveling to where they were to taxed and counted for the census. I'm certain it wasn't a trip that brought comfort. CAN you even imagine, being 9 months pregnant and riding anywhere on a donkey???? Comfortable, I don't think so! But what an awesome gift she received!! Thank you JESUS for coming to us as a baby in that manger and give us all something spectacular to celebrate!!

Have fun shopping!!



1 comment:

June Cleaver in Sneakers said...

I know!!! It's CHRISTMAS TIME!! IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME!!

BTW: this is Mackenzie, not mom