Saturday, December 15, 2007

Well, 7 days and counting.....

Hey everyone. Sorry its been awhile, but John has been sick this week.....the flu, we think. Plus, I've been busy doing my holiday baking!! My favorite thing to do....I make cutout cookies for my class to decorate (last wkend) and then make holiday trays or packages for people at school or friends. I make Chex mix, both sweet and a salty version, no-bake oatmeal chocolate cookies, snowball nut cookies (the ones with powdered sugar on them), mini-cutouts, fudge, and a cheese ball to die for!! So, I took Friday and Monday off to do all of this, but with John home on Friday, it sort of dampered it. I usually have the house filled with holiday music, as loud as I can stand it....usually one of my three Amy Grant Christmas CD's......and just bake and cook to my heart's content. Oh well, hopefully on Monday I'll be able to do that.

Only one week till my birthday......I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to it or not. We'll see how the week goes.......my class is going bowling for our Christmas party, but I also use it to celebrate my birthday with them. We'll have a blast....I love to bowl. I used to be quite good at it, but not so much anymore. We usually get a babysitter, go out to eat and then to a movie.....this year I told John I didn't want to do that....just all three of us go out to eat. That's all.

I usually love Christmas.....but this year John really hasn't been into it for some reason. And on top of everything....the tree lights broke!! We have one (we bought for $100 last year at Kmart) with all the lights already on it. Well, it comes together in three pieces and the very top section of lights on the middle part went out and we can't figure out how to fix them! We changed the fuses in all the possible plugs for that section, but still no luck.....which of course bums me out! That's one of my favorite parts......looking at the lights at night with all of the house lights out. What a bummer!! I told John maybe when we take it apart we'll be able to figure out how to fix it!! Hope so, or it's back to Kmart next day after Thanksgiving for a good deal on a new tree!!

Only four more days of school, but for me only three. Well, actually two and a half, since Thursday is a half-day! I'm glad to be out of school for a few days (two weeks) but that means I'm home with JEB and John for that time. JEB will probably drive both of us crazy....he's decided that he wants us to entertain him and do everything with him now. I'm trying to line up something with one of the girls in my class to come over two or three days and play with him. Her mom works at JEB's school and she would love it.....so I think we'll do that. It'll give him someone to play with for those days. Then we'll be going to PaPa's house on Christmas and up to Florence to visit with my sister and her family for a day, so he'll have cousins to play with!

I think I'll scrap over this vacation.....try to get caught up with JEB's book. Yeah, we'll see about that.

Well, gotta run. Baking calls again. I needed a break, so sat down to post so that Mackenzie wouldn't be too upset with me. Love ya, Kenz!!

later,
deb

3 comments:

Me said...

FINALLY!!!! I think John needs a head transplant. Who DOESN'T get into Christmas!!!!?? I mean, even the Grinch got into Christmas.

Me said...

Oh, mom wants to know if you can give her that Cheese ball recipe.

Unknown said...

maybe if you scrap over the holidays you can send recent pics to long lost friends and relitives.

hope jn feels better and JEB doesn't get sick.